I love using this recipe for a quick and easy fix of something sweet to eat. Rather than going to the shop to buy snacks I just bake these instead.
125g softened butter
150g caster sugar
1 egg at room temperature
150g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 190°c and prepare parchment paper onto two baking trays.
2. Put all ingredients into a bowl and beat together until well blended.
3. Spoon large tablespoons of half the mixture onto one baking tray. (add a large teaspoon of cocoa powder to the rest of the mixture if you want chocolate flavoured biscuits.
4. Place in the oven for 15 mins.
5. Allow to cool slightly before lifting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
See, a simple recipe for anyone to try. They tasted light and were baked soft to the bite. Also a good balance of ingredients so they didn’t taste too sweet.
Basic Biscuits x