It was my first time baking something without flour and eggs so I was really excited to see how they would turn out and if stay together properly. To my surprise they turned out great and didn’t break apart.
This recipe will be a delight to anyone, it’s different kind of like a mix between flapjacks and cookies but much better.
1 pack of digestive biscuits crumbled (as if you were making a cheesecake)
152g chocolate chips
98g dedicated coconut
128g mixed chopped nuts
170g maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Melt butter and 1/2 the chocolate in a pan.
3. Mix together all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the melted butter mix and maple syrup and combine.
4. Place mixture onto prepared baking tray and press down neatly.
5. Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins and then leave them to cool slightly before cutting into bars.
This recipe should make at least 16 bars, so you definitely have enough to share with friends and family 🙂
My parents really enjoyed them which was good. The maple cookie bars tasted delicious and were soft with a little crunch from the nuts!