Sometimes your hair might need that extra love to help it grow and be healthy, often we are doing to much too our hair like over washing, applying too much heat or product build up which can all have a negative effect on the health of our hair.
Here are some simple tips for all hair types to follow to ensure your hair is at its most healthiest state.
1. Don’t wash your hair too often: I think this generally depends on the hair type but washing your hair weekly should be more than enough, when you wash your hair too often the shampoo actually strips your scalp and strands of the natural oils it produces to stay healthy.
2. Start air drying: instead of using the blow dryer, flat irons and curling tongs let your hair dry on its own and keep it in its natural state more often, this was a habit that I cut out a long time ago as the constant heat and harsh temperature was damaging my hair.
3. Use kinder products: it can be quite tiresome and annoying looking for truly natural and organic products but if you at least make an attempt to avoid certain ingredients/chemicals your hair will appreciate it. Sodium laurel sulphate (SLS) is a common ingredients to avoid as it has drying properties which of course will help to dry out your hair and make it brittle therefore more prone to breakage.
4. Don’t forget the oils: there are so many varieties to choose from each with their own benefits, you may not find the perfect oil for your hair straight away so be prepared for trial and error. Always make sure you buy cold pressed, organic products that are in their purest form.
Oils to use…
– coconut oil
– castor oil
– argan oil
– olive oil
– rapeseed oil and many more
Follow these simple tips and your hair will thank you 🙂