This recipe was quite random, I had the intention of baking cookies but made cupcakes instead. The quantity of the ingredients means the cupcakes are quite dense and filling. Topped with a light coconut frosting using organic coconut powder. I had a few sample sachets from the company Purely Super Foods and decided to use the coconut one for my bakes. Check out their website here http://www.purelysuperfoods.com they sell many great products!!
200g soft dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g plain flour
60g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and prepare a tray with 12 cupcake cases.
2. Combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy, add the egg and vanilla extract mixing until smooth.
3. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and beat until well combined.
4. Next evenly distribute the mixture between the cases and bake in the oven for 25- 30 minutes.
5. In the meantime make the frosting using the coconut powder and set aside, once the cupcakes are done leave to cool then cover with the frosting and any topping of your choice.