I feel like it’s been really quite on my blog recently, regardless of that 😛 I still have great posts to share with the WordPress world.
These biscuits are mini circles of goodness, which everyone will enjoy 😉 it’s one of those random recipes where I just throw lots of my favourite things together and it turned out pretty well, kind of like a shortbread texture but with chocolate, flaked almonds and raisins.
*you will need small 4cm biscuit cutters and a rolling pin*
30g toasted, flaked almonds
115g plain flour (extra for rolling out the dough)
Pinch of salt
35g castor sugar
50g milk chocolate, broken in chunks
1. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Weigh out the ingredients into a large bowl first using a wooden spoon to combine, then use your hands to form a dough.
3. Wrap in cling film and rest in the fridge for 20 minutes. In the meantime preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and sprinkle some flour over the surface and on the rolling pin.
4. Take the dough from the fridge and roll out to 1cm thick then using your cutter press through the dough (it might be slightly difficult pressing through the chocolate and raisins) space the dough circles onto each tray.
5. Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins until golden at the edges. Leave to cool on the tray for 5 mins before placing on a cooling rack to fully cool down.
Sprinkle with icing sugar!!