These actually taste so much better than normal brownies, the smooth peanut butter adds a subtle salty taste which I love. They are slightly crunchy on the corners and the inside is so soft and moist, these brownies are definitely a winner for any occasion unless you don’t like peanut butter 😛 I had actually ran out of baking paper (parchment paper) and luckily the brownies didn’t stick to the tray. Also the recipe is quite small so it can be doubled if you want more!!
1. Set the oven to gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Over a pan of simmering water gently melt the chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl, adding 2 tbsp of water.
3. Now remove the bowl from the heat stirring carefully and leave to cool down for a few minutes, then stir in the sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
4. Add ¾ of the peanut butter and fold in the flour with a pinch of salt. Pour the mixture into the tin and put the rest of the peanut butter on top swirling in with a cocktail stick.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until just risen. They will still be slightly soft in the middle, leave to cool before cutting into triangles.