I haven’t made a cake for a while so here goes my recipe for a chocolate coffee loaf, it’s definitely something different because I don’t usually bake with coffee nor do I drink it. The flavour of coffee in this loaf is just right however if you like coffee you can add a little more.
150g Caster sugar
150g Plain flour
1½ tsp baking soda
1 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp hot water
1 tbsp instant coffee
1. Line a load tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to gas mark 4, cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until pale.
2. Whisk in the eggs one at a time adding a tbsp of flour in between (this stops the mixture from splitting).
3. Then add the rest of the flour along with the baking powder and cocoa powder. Dissolve the coffee in the boiling water then add to the cake mixture.
4. Stir the mixture well then pour into the cake tin and bake for 35-45 minutes until cooked right through.
5. Lastly I just grated some dark chocolate on top and sprinkled on some icing sugar.
Honestly this cake tasted so good!!