I get regular emails from Emerald Street and I’ve noticed recently they sometimes have a recipe in them. Anyway this week I made The Log Ladies Sugar Cookies sounds amazing right?? Basically they are vanilla flavoured cookies inspired by the tv show Twin Peaks. They are described as the perfect winter snack and I would definitely agree with that 🙂
250g plain flour
150g butter, cubed at room temp
125g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Set the oven to gas mark 4 and line two trays with parchment paper.
2. Place the flour in a large bowl and add the butter, rub together with your finger tips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Next still using your hands work in the sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Slowly bring the mixture together until it forms a dough.
4. At this stage the ‘dough’ may seem quite dry or not together but you just have to keep kneading the ingredients together, once your hands warm up the butter it will melt better into the flour which will release the gluten and help form the dough.
5. Now you can roll out the dough onto a floured surface and cut the cookies using a large scalloped edge cutter.
6. Carefully place onto the baking trays and bake for 15 minutes. Leave to cool down fully on a wire rack.