Hi everyone, these following tips will help to strengthen your digestive system and boost your immune system which is definitely ideal for this super cold wintery season.
1. Drink warm lemon water in the morning and throughout the day because it will help to flush out the toxins. Add cinnamon or cayenne pepper for added flavour.
2. Try dry skin brushing to support your lymphatic system (the bodies sewage system)
– use a dry brush before you have a wash
– always brush towards the heart
– begin at the feet and work your way upwards brushing in circular motions
– using circular motions over the stomach respects the direction of digestion and encourages detoxification
– afterwards have a bath or shower
3. Drinking herbal tea 🍵 (without sugar) be sure to let the tea steep for at least 5 minutes then consume hot or cold
Some teas to try:
– nettle or chamomile for inflammation
– senna, flaxseed or aloe Vera for constipation
– burdock or red clover to cleanse the blood
– milk thistle or dandelion for liver support
It’s so great to have a detox schedule that is natural and beneficial to the body, do it 4 times per year for each season to help boost the immune system 😀👍