Hi and welcome back to my blog, today’s post is all about my morning routine. Now that I am working from home, I’m so much more relaxed in the mornings because I don’t have to rush and leave out for work.
I naturally have been waking up quite early, around 6.30am and lay in my bed for a while. It’s like my body doesn’t feel tired at all and I don’t bother trying to go back to sleep. Having a good morning schedule is so important for your day because it sets the tone to how your how day will go. My routine is below, not always in this order but it gives you an idea of how I start my day.
- Say a mini morning prayer
- Say affirmations in the mirror
- Listen to a guided meditation or relaxation music for 10-20 mins
- Brush my teeth and wash my face
- Read a few pages of a book (currently: My Sister the serial killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite which I really enjoyed reading because of the twist at the end)
- Make my bed
- Workout for 1 hour
- Get washed
- Have breakfast
My phone is definitely used during this time to respond to any emails and I might also listen to the radio or put some music on. Starting the day right sets you up for having a positive, productive day and you’ll feel great afterwards.
Is there anything else I could be doing? Leave suggestions below
Thanks for reading x
Check out my Soundcloud for self help.