Hi everyone, welcome back to my blog. Today’s recipe is a nice and easy salad, perfect for a light lunch or as a side with your dinner. In the photo you can see that I ate the salad with Potato and Kale Fritters (another recipe I will be posting soon). I like this salad because it is random and uses a basic range of ingredients that aren’t too expensive. I think the taste would suit most people but feel free to play around with the ingredients and use orange juice and zest, walnuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds or shallots.
A’s Salad – you can decide how much of each ingredient you want to use depending on how many people are eating it. I made this as one portion.
Small handful of raisins – soaked in orange juice
50g brown rice
1 tbsp pine nuts – toasted
Handful of lettuce – shredded
Few slices of red onion
Zest of 1/2 an orange
1 tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Put the raisins to soak in orange juice overnight.
- Rinse and cook the rice, I like to use salt, thyme and butter but you can make it plain if preferred.
- Toast the pine nuts and set aside. Wash the lettuce, shred it finely and leave to fully dry. Finely slice the onion and set aside.
- Zest the orange and put in a bowl with the pine nuts, lettuce and onion.
- Make a super basic vinaigrette using 1 tbsp of orange juice, 2 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once the rice is cooked, mix in the with salad, add the raisins and drizzle the vinaigrette over the top.
Let me know if you make this salad or what your favourite salad recipes are!
Follow my Instagram for more food.