Good afternoon everyone, I hope you’ve had a good day. It’s been really rainy recently and today was no exception. The recipes I’m sharing below are two very different things I thought would taste great together, the rosti is a potato based item which I didn’t really enjoy because of the soft consistency and eggy texture. The noodles were pretty simple and tasty even though they look quite plain. Also, I’m not the biggest fan of vegetables and when I made the noodles I think one or two ingredients were missing off the list but I’ll still include them in the recipe.
Sweet Potato Rosti (serves 2)
225g sweet potato – peeled and grated
2 tsp oil
2 spring onions – finely sliced
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6. Wash, grate and squeeze the juice from the potatoes.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Mould into 4 circle shapes, place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the edges are slightly golden.
Stir Fried Noodles (serves 2)
150g egg noodles
1 tbsp oil
2 1/2 cm piece of fresh ginger – grated
2 garlic cloves – crushed
1/2 a carrot – cut into matchsticks
1/4 yellow pepper – thinly sliced
Handful of frozen peas
1 spring onion – finely sliced
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Cook the noodles according to the packet and in the meantime, prepare all of the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a pan/wok and stir in the ginger and garlic. Then add the mangetout, peas, carrot, pepper on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Once the noodles are cooked add the the pan/wok combining everything together then mix in the soy sauce and white wine vinegar.
- Serve between two plates and sprinkle the spring onions on top.
Thanks for reading my post x
Follow my Instagram for more food.