Hello everyone and happy Sunday!
Originally, when I was planning this recipe they were supposed to be pakoras but I didn’t get the consistency right and they looked more like fritters but still tasted really good. I’ve left the recipe for the rice down below.
Potato and Kale Fritters (serves 2/3)
125g gram flour or wholemeal
25g self-raising flour
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
150g potatoes – peeled and cut into cubes
1 spring onion – finely sliced
Handful of kale
Oil – for frying
- Prepare the potatoes and in the meantime, place all of the dry ingredients in a bowl with the spring onion and kale, mixing well.
- Slowly pour water into the flour mix until it is a runny dropping consistency, then add the lemon juice and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a deep pan and once the potatoes are cooked add to the mixture and combine everything together.
- Once the oil is hot enough, keep it on a medium heat gently adding about 5/6 tablespoons of the mixture (depending of the size of your pan) and fry on both sides for about 5 minutes until golden and crispy.
- You can serve them immediately or keep in the oven on a very low heat to stay warm.
Follow my Instagram for more food.