Hi everyone, welcome back to my blog. I hope your evening is going well.
I finally made the famous cauliflower pizza base that everyone was making when it was super trendy. This was something I was actually looking forward to making and I thought it would taste great but… to be honest I didn’t enjoy it. Cauliflower is quite plain in taste and the first bite was okay but then the more I ate it just seemed to be an overload of cheese and the texture of egg didn’t help either. If I could recommend any changes it would be to not put more cheese on top and maybe eat it as a side dish along with something else. It’s always good to try new things but this was not for me. Also, the main purpose for this recipe was the cauliflower base, so there’s not that much emphasis about the toppings.
Cauliflower Pizza Base (serves 1)
50g shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Toppings: Tomato puree, grated cheddar cheese, kale and sweetcorn
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 7 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Wash and grate the cauliflower, then put into a bowl and in the microwave for 4 minutes, stirring after every minute.
- Once the cauliflower has cooled, squeeze out the liquid using a tea towel and place into a bowl along with all of the other ingredients, mixing well.
- Put the cauliflower mixture onto the tray, mould into a pizza base shape and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Add your favourite toppings and bake in the oven for a further 7 minutes until slightly golden.
Have you tried a cauliflower pizza base?
Follow my Instagram for more food.