Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by my blog today.
In these uncertain times, it is likely that everyone has felt a sense of anxiousness throughout the recent weeks. Whether you are working from home, social distancing or a key worker, it’s a good idea to just let yourself feel and be in the moment (but try not to stay down for too long). Even if you have always been an anxious person remember, every day is different and it’s always useful to try new things. I think anxiety is something that will pop up at different stages of our lives however, learning different coping mechanisms may help you to keep it under control and ignore the negative voice in our head. Also, when we wake up each morning, we have the chance to start again and live a new day.
Try my simple tips below to hopefully ease your anxious thoughts:
- Read a book: fiction or non fiction, just read something and get captivated by each page.
- Go for a walk: it can be down the road or to the park and spend a little time in nature.
- Journal your thoughts: all you need is a pen and paper to write down how you are feeling, you might even look back on it and be surprised with how you were feeling. Its also a great tool for reflecting and seeing how far you have come.
- Listen to music: sing the lyrics out loud to your favourite artist or turn up the volume to a relaxing genre.
- Have a little cry: sometimes we just need to let all of the emotions out.
Comment below how you soothe your anxiety.
Check out my Soundcloud for self help.