Hello everyone, I hope you are all keeping well and safe. Today’s recipe is entirely homemade and it was so much fun to make. It also makes a change from my recent vegetarian recipes.
First I marinated the minced beef so that all of the spices would soak in and give the burgers loads of flavour, then I made the bread rolls and left them to cool down for later and lastly was the slaw. This slaw recipe actually contains no mayo which I thought was really cool and added great texture to the burger, I made it this way to use up some of the leftover vegetables we had in the fridge and because I am not a massive mayo fan. I also made sweet potato chips that were cooked in the oven with a little oil, salt and paprika.
The weather has been really sunny in the UK recently, so it would be nice to set everything out on a table and eat outside, everyone can tuck in and enjoy!
Beef Burgers, Bread Rolls and No Mayo Slaw (serves 6)
Ingredients for Bread Rolls
500g plain flour
7g dried yeast
1 1/2 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp salt
300ml lukewarm water
3 tbsp oil
Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Combine all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Make a hole in the flour and pour in the oil and water.
- Mix to form a dough and knead for 10 minutes. Place into a lightly oiled bowl until it doubles in size, roughly 1 hour.
- Take the dough and knock out the air, roll into 12 ball shapes and place on an oiled baking tray for 30 minutes to prove. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
- Once the dough has proved sprinkle seasme seeds on top, bake the rolls in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked. Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
Ingredients for Beef Burgers
1kg of lean beef mince
3 garlic cloves – pureed
1/4 onion – finely diced
1/2 tsp parsley, oregano and basil
50g plain flour
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin, tumeric and corriander
- Mix all of these ingredients together in a container and leave to marinate for a few hours.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 and set out 2 baking trays.
- Shape the minced beef into 12 balls and flatten down.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked right through.
Ingredients for No Mayo Slaw
1/4 cabbage – finely sliced
1 carrot – grated
Handful of spring onions
3 radish – grated
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp caster sugar
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Sprinkle of parsley
- Gather the cabbage, carrot, spring onion, radish and wash them well.
- Take out a chopping board, peeler, grater and knife to prepare everything and place into a bowl.
- Add the other ingredients to the bowl, mix well and leave to marinate.
Let me know if you try any of these recipes x
Follow my Instagram for more food.