Hello everyone I hope you are all well. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Today’s recipe is probably one of the best cookies you’ll ever make (in my opinion). They are soft, sweet and chewy…. just perfect. I really liked these cookies because they contain peanut butter, which I love and also there is no flour in the recipe which makes a change. I’ve had this recipe written in my book for many years and I don’t actually remember where I got it from but finally I’ve made them. The recipe only makes 9 cookies so you may want to double it, however they are quite indulgent.
Peanut Butter and Oat Cookies (makes 9)
100g smooth/crunch peanut butter
100g soft brown sugar
100g porridge oats
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
30g chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Put the peanut butter, sugar and egg into a bowl and mix together with a spoon.
- Next, add all the other ingredients and mix well with a spoon until everything is combined (you might want to use your hands for this).
- Then roll the mixture into 9 even balls and flatten down on the tray.
- Bake them in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden but still soft and leave to cool on the tray.
What are your favourite type of cookies?
Follow my Instagram for more food.