Hello everyone, I hope your day has been well. Today’s recipe is something a little different and more on the healthy side. They are slightly dense but not sweet at all and the white chocolate chunks compliment this very well. They also look very pretty and would make for a perfect insta photo.
I will say that I thought of this idea before I actually checked the kitchen for ingredients and as you can see I didn’t have many raspberries left but there was just enough for the top. If you really like raspberries you could add some to the mixture for a more fruity flavour. I even think that these would be great for a healthy midday snack because they aren’t too sweet and are quite filling.
White chocolate & Raspberry Cupcakes (makes 6)
150g plain flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
50g caster sugar
50g butter – melted
Handful of raspberries
30g white chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 and place 6 muffin cases on a baking tray.
- Melt the butter and set aside. Put all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Whisk the butter, egg and milk together, add to the flour mixture along with half of the white chocolate chunks and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cases and sprinkle the raspberries and white chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes then leave to cool on a wire rack before eating.
What are your favourite muffin toppings?
Follow my Instagram for more food.