Hello everyone, I hope your Tuesday has been well!! The weather is quite dull so here is a tasty chocolate treat to cheer you up. It was a school favourite for me and I always remember buying a slice along with my lunch. I love the crunchy bite and subtle chocolate flavour, this is kind of like a mix between a biscuit and a thin cake. It’s also a nice and quick recipe that’s perfect for many occasions.
Recipe: Chocolate Concrete Cake (makes 12 slices)
170g granulated sugar
225g self-raising flour
25g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a tray with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and stir in the sugar.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder mixing until it becomes a little stiff.
- Mix the egg into the mixture and then evenly pour into the oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar straightaway and leave to cool before cutting.
Follow my Instagram for more food.
Recipe adapted from here