Hello everyone, I hope you’ve had a good day today. The recipe I have here is a Lemon Pound Cake, something I was trying to create and bake for a little while. I love the texture of the cake and the bright yellow colour, it also reminds me of the cake served with school dinners, fluffy and filling!! I really enjoyed making the cake because the ingredients and method were very different to a normal cake but it turned out amazing and tastes delicious. This cake would be perfect for any occasion and enjoyed by many people.
Recipe: Lemon Pound Cake (makes 1 loaf tin)
280g self-raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
195g caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
Zest of 1/2 a lemon
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp lemon juice
- First thing, preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and line a loaf tine with baking paper.
- Then add the dry ingredients (flour,, baking powder, sugar, salt and zest) to a large bowl and mix well.
- Next, add the butter, egg, milk, vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Mix everything together until you get a smooth cake batter, that’s still a little thick.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour, but after the first 30 minutes turn it up to gas mark 6.
- Dust with a little icing sugar and leave to cool down completely before serving.
Thanks for checking out my blog x
Follow my Instagram for more food.