Hello everyone, I hope you are off to a good week. Being back at work has given me less time to prepare food photo’s especially for my Instagram but I’m posting 2 days each week to keep me somewhat consistent. Today I thought I would try something a little different with pizza dough. It’s pretty simple, just twisted to create a more unique appearance. These Pizza Twists would be perfect for a buffet, kids party or even as a snack.
Recipe: Pizza Twists (makes 4)
125g strong bread flour
Pinch of salt
Pinch of basil
Pinch of oregano
3g dried yeast
70ml warm water
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
50g cheddar cheese – grated
- To make the dough, place all of the dry ingredients (flour, salt, yeast and herbs) into a bowl. Slowly pour in the water and mix with a spoon until it starts to form a dough.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes and leave to rest in a bowl for 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and lightly oil an oven tray.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle shape and slice into four strips, spread tomato ketchup and sprinkle cheese over each piece.
- Take each strip holding from the ends and twist a few times, then place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Thanks for checking out my blog today x
Follow my Instagram for more food.