Hello everyone, how has your day been? We have such lovely weather here in the UK, it’s about 25 degrees which is perfect 🙂
I hope you enjoy today’s recipe, it’s quite popular in our household and commonly eaten in Jamaica, usually served with fried dumpling or rice. People make it many different ways, for example bell peppers, more tomato or garlic may be added.
Recipe: Cabbage and Saltfish (serves 8)
3 tbsp oil
1 garlic – crushed
1/2 onion – finely diced
1 tomato – finely chopped
3/4 cabbage – finely sliced
1 tsp mixed
Sprinkle of chilli powder
Sprinkle of black pepper
1 pack of cod salt fish – boil and remove bones
- First thing is to prepare the vegetables and set aside on a plate.
- Then wash the saltfish and boil, then wash again in cold water.
- Heat the oil a pan, once hot add the onion and garlic. Cover with a lid for a few minutes until soft then add the tomato and carrot stirring well.
- Add the cabbage and cover with the lid for 5 minutes then add the saltfish and mix.
- Pour in the water and cover with the lid again until the cabbage is cooked.
Follow my Instagram for more food.