Hi everyone, I hope you are all well and thank you to my new followers 🙂
I’m always looking for ways to add more vegetables to my meals, and the addition of kale and corn to the rice was such a good idea. The crisp, sweetness of the corn and earthy taste of the kale gave the rice so much more flavour. Also, sweetcorn is a good source of vitamin C and dietary fibre, whilst kale is a good source of vitamin C and A both providing the body with nutrients. This recipe makes a great side dish and can accompany many meals. The measurements below are only a rough guide depending on how many people you make this for.
Recipe: Rice with kale and sweetcorn (serves 4)
Rice for 4 people
Large handful of kale
1 tsp butter
- Wash the rice thoroughly until the water runs almost clear.
- Place the rice in a pot and pour in enough water the same depth of the rice.
- Wash the kale and add to the pot along with the sweetcorn and butter.
- Allow the rice to reach a gentle simmer, then keep the heat low and let the rice finish cooking until fluffy.
- Check the rice and stir everything until gently combined.
- Serve once cooked.
Follow my Instagram for more food