Hello everyone, I hope your day is going well. Today’s recipe is one of my favourite desserts to make….Almond Topped Chocolate Brownies which I love to eat with vanilla ice cream. I enjoy baking brownies because they are easy to bake and taste so good. This recipe is a slight adaptation from my Marshmallow Chocolate Brownies and the only difference is the crushed almonds and icing sugar. I also used the microwave to melt the butter and save time.
Recipe: Almond Topped Brownies (makes 18 slices)
100g dark chocolate
1 tbsp cocoa powder
50g soft brown sugar
100g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g self-raising flour
Pinch of salt Small handful of chopped almonds Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a shallow baking tray with baking paper.
- Carefully melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave, keep checking every 10-15 seconds, the amount of time depends on the temperature setting.
- Pour the melted butter mix and sugars into a bowl and leave to cool for 2 minutes before adding the vanilla extract and eggs, mix until combined.
- Gently fold in the self-raising flour, cocoa powder and salt then pour into the baking tin and sprinkle with the crushed almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes and leave to cool before dusting with icing sugar and cutting into slices.
Try this Marshmallow Chocolate Brownie recipe.
Follow my Instagram for more food.