Hello everyone. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you’ve had a great day. I have a really nice and easy cupcake recipe with a slight zingy lemon icing that makes these cupcakes extra tasty with each bite. Cupcakes can be pretty basic but if you have jam, lemons or oranges, it’s a whole new concept. Also, I’ve used muffin cases as there were no cupcake cases in the shop but they did rise well.
Lemon Iced Cupcakes (makes 12)
125g caster sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
150g self-raising flour
2 tbsp lemon juice
30g icing sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and put 12 cupcake cases onto a tray.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until soft then mix in the lemon zest and the eggs, one at a time.
- Next, add the flour and combine then finally mix in the lemon juice.
- Use a tablespoon to put the cupcake mixture into each case and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until lightly golden.
- Whilst the cupcakes are baking, make the icing by mixing the icing sugar and 1 tbsp of lemon juice together.
- Once the cupcakes are baked, take out and leave to cool completely before adding the icing, I used a spoon to drizzle it on in little specks.
What are your favourite type of cupcakes to bake?
Follow my Instagram for more food.