Hello everyone, I hope you’ve had a good day.
At the beginning of lockdown I brought a few baking supplies thinking I would be baking loads but it turns out I’ve been cooking a lot more meals. Anyway, I’ve had this box of Smarties in the cupboard for a couple of months and I thought it was finally time to use them. Here goes my Chunky Smartie Cookies….
Recipe: Chunky Smartie Cookies (makes 18)
100g caster sugar
100g soft dark brown sugar
300g plain flour
1/3 tsp bicarbonate soda
Large handful of Smarties
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a pan or microwave and leave to cool slightly before adding to a large bowl. Then add both sugars.
- Crack the egg and whisk in a separate bowl, before slowly pouring into the butter mixture.
- Next add the flour and bicarbonate soda slowly making sure the mixture is well combined then add the Smarties.
- Use a tablespoon to evenly place 6 portions onto the oven trays and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool down completely on a wire rack before eating.
Follow my Instagram for more food.