Hello everyone, I hope your day is going well. Have things returned to ‘normal’ for you yet? I’ve recently started going back to work but everything is quite different, with the one way systems and social distancing. Today’s blog post is more for dinner inspiration but I have included a hot dog roll recipe. I ordered the sausages from an online company called lovewhatyoueat.co.uk in the flavour gammon, turkey and cranberry and my toppings were onion, lettuce and carrot. The sausages were quite salty but tasty nonetheless, something I would recommend!
Recipe: Hot dog rolls (makes 6)
250g bread flour
4g dried yeast
1/2 tsp salt
(save 1 tbsp of the egg mixed with 2 tbsp of water for egg wash)
- Warm the milk, water and butter in a pan and leave to cool down.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
- Once the milk mixture has cooled down, pour into the bowl with the egg, using your fingers to form a dough.
- Knead for 5 minutes and place in a bowl, covered to rise for 1 hour.
- Next, knock out the air and equally divide into six and roll into long finger shapes.
- Place onto a lightly oiled oven tray, cover and leave again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 and brush the egg wash over the top of each roll.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden.
- Leave to cool before eating.
Follow my Instagram for more food.