Hello everyone, thanks for checking out my post today!
I hope your day has been well, today’s recipe is peanut butter pancakes. If you didn’t know I’m actually quite a fan of peanut butter but I haven’t really experimented with it in other foods. I found this recipe from here and the book is called Peanut Butter: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Midnight by Tim Lannan and James Annabel if you are interested in peanut butter recipes.
The peanut butter taste is quite subtle and I even tried them with a drizzle of maple syrup the next day which was just as tasty. This recipe is great and the pancakes can be kept in the fridge for at least 2 days.
Recipe: Peanut Butter Pancakes (makes 12)
185g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
60g peanut butter
100g chocolate chips (I added about 50g)
Oil for frying
- Sift the plain flour and baking powder into a bowl and add the sugar and salt.
- Whisk in the milk and egg.
- Stir in the peanut butter and chocolate chips
- Heat oil in a pan, once hot put 2 tbsps of the mixture into the pan cooking until golden brown on both sides, roughly 5 minutes in total.
- Repeat until the whole mixture is used.
- Add a dollop of peanut butter on top and a few chocolate chips to serve.
Follow my Instagram for more food.