Hello everyone, I hope your day has been well.
This recipe actually has quite a beautiful message behind it, these biscuits were made to send to ANZAC’s serving in Gallipoli, hence the name. Although it’s not April, ANZAC day is an important national occasion for Australia and New Zealand. It marks the anniversary where both countries joined forces during the First World War.
This recipe is perfect with a good combination of oats, coconut and flour that gives it the chewy consistency. Also, it’s fun to watch the bicarbonate soda fizz up in the butter mixture 🙂
Recipe: Anzac Biscuits (makes 17)
85g desiccated coconut
100g plain flour
100g caster sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and line two trays with parchment paper.
- Place the oats, coconut, flour and sugar in a bowl. Melt the butter in a small pan and stir in the golden syrup.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda to 2 tbsp boiling water, then stir into the golden syrup and butter mixture.
- Gently incorporate the syrup and butter mix into the dry ingredients.
- Put dessertspoonfuls of the mixture on to the trays and bake in batches for 12-15 mins until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Follow my Instagram for more food
Original recipe is from here.