Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by my blog.
A crêpe is a thin pancake with its origin in France. Ingredients include flour, milk and eggs, and is usually eaten at any temperature. Of all the pancakes I’ve made, I never thought about making chocolate pancakes. I usually go for the simple crepe with lemon and sugar. These pancakes are super simple to make and they taste so good. The mixture was quite runny so be careful not to make them too thin because they will be crispy. These chocolate crepes are not too sweet and can be eaten for breakfast or dessert. Also, you can add a variety of toppings such as maple syrup, cream or fresh berries.
Recipe: Chocolate Pancakes (serves 2)
50g plain flour
10g cocoa powder
25g caster sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Whisk the milk and egg together and gradually pour into the flour mixture, whisk well until it forms a runny, smooth batter.
- leave this to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan, use a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
- Whisk the crêpe batter again and pour an even layer into the hot frying pan.
- Cook on both sides for a few minutes until cooked right through.
- Serve warm with your favourite toppings.
Follow my Instagram for more food.