Hi everyone, welcome back to my blog. Today’s post is one of my favourites…PIZZA!!
I always love making pizza and usually I would make a dough using yeast leaving it to rise, but occasionally I will use the recipe below for a quicker meal. Homemade pizza always tastes so good because you can add all your favourite toppings and make it just how you like. Today I added red Leicester cheese which is an English cheese similar to cheddar but has a distinctive orange colour.
Recipe: Red Leicester Cheese Pizza (makes 1 tray)
175g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp oil
Toppings: tomato sauce, spring onion, red Leicester cheese, kale, sweetcorn
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and lightly oil an oven tray,
- To make the dough, weigh the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and gradually pour in the oil and water mixing with one hand until it forms a dough.
- Knead for 5 minutes and roll out until 1cm thickness, then place onto the oven tray.
- Spread the tomato sauce then add the onion, corn, kale and cheese.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes until the dough is cooked and serve.
Please follow my Instagram for more food