Hello everyone, I hope your day has been well.
Today I have another simple side dish to make for any occasion. It is nice and cheesy with crispy edges. This pie was very tasty and is best enjoyed hot. Also, if you are a gravy fan, it would be nice to drizzle some over the top.
Recipe: Cheesy Potato Pie (serves 4)
100g red Leicester cheese – grated
Splash of milk
1 tsp butter
1 tsp oil
1 tsp diced onion
- Peel and dice the potatoes, wash and place in a pan of water to boil until just cooked.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, heat oil in a small pan and add the onion and kale cooking for 5 minutes, then leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, pour off the water and mash with milk and butter until smooth.
- Add the kale and cheese to the mash and mix well, spoon the mixture into an oven dish, grating more cheese on top.
- Cook the pie in the oven for 45 minutes until the cheese has melted and gone crispy.
Please follow my Instagram for more food