Hello everyone, I hope your day has been well. Today’s recipe feature oats and raisins which are both tasty and popular baking ingredients. Oats are very healthy, gluten free and full of nutrients. Raisins are beneficial to the body when eaten in moderation as they are sweet and high in sugar, raisins are also high in vitamins, minerals and fibre.
These cookies are so delicious, I like to keep them in the oven long enough so that they have a little crispiness to the bite. They are perfect to eat at anytime of the day and make a great snack.
Recipe: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (makes 34)
250g demerara sugar
4 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
140g plain flour
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- Set the oven to gas mark 6 and line to trays with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix the butter and sugar together, then add the egg, water and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and raisins together. Slowly add to the egg mixture mixing until smooth.
- Use a tablespoon to spoon the mixture onto the baking tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before eating.
Please follow my Instagram for more food