Hello everyone welcome back to my blog. I hope your day has been well.
Interestingly, sprinkles (hundreds and thousands) are also know as nonpariels in French, and are made up of sugar and starch, they were traditionally white but now come in many colours. Sprinkle cookies and cakes are actually quite a popular baked treat probably because of the bright colours, mine are a little less covered in the sugar but taste great all the same.
Recipe: Sprinkle Cookies (makes 20)
175g plain flour
45g caster sugar
10g hundreds and thousands plus extra for sprinkling on top
- Set the oven to gas mark 5 and line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and rub in the butter.
- Next, add the sugar and hundreds and thousands and knead until it forms a dough.
- Roll out onto a floured surface to the thickness of 5mm and use a 68mm cookie cutter to cut out the cookies.
- Place them on the tray and bake in the oven for 20m minutes until fully cooked.
- Leave to cool down completely on a wire rack before eating
Please follow my Instagram for more food