Hey everyone, I hope your day has been well.
I’m posting a little late in the day but I felt like making something slightly indulgent but not too sweet and I decided on chocolate marble cupcakes. I love the combination of vanilla and chocolate together. These cupcakes are light, moist and they taste amazing. I even added a little chocolate icing on a few. Cupcakes are such a simple thing to bake and enjoyable for everyone.
Recipe: Chocolate Marble Cupcakes (makes 12)
125g caster sugar
125g self raising flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to gar mark 5 and place 12 cupcake cakes on a tray.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing until well combined. Then sieve in the flour and mix.
- Split the mixture, pouring 1/3 into a smaller bowl and mix in the cocoa powder.
- To the larger bowl add the vanilla extract and mix well. Use a tablespoon to divide this mixture evenly between the cases.
- Use a teaspoon to add the chocolate mixture to the centre of the cupcakes and use a cocktail stick too gently mix both mixtures. Do this until both mixture are used up.
- Put the tray in the oven for 25 minutes until cooked right through.
- Leave to cool before eating (or adding any toppings)
Please follow my Instagram for more food