Hello everyone, I hope your day has been well.
Today’s recipe is pancakes, I’ve made the chocolate and peanut butter pancakes recently but I thought it was time for something a little healthier that can still be indulgent depending on the toppings. As I am writing this I can still remember the fluffy, light taste of the pancake that was so delicious. You could eat these Scotch Pancakes for breakfast or dessert with a variety of toppings like fruit, maple syrup, jam or even peanut butter.
*A little trick i learned a while back when frying pancakes is to oil the frying pan with kitchen paper, after frying each pancake you can use the paper to keep oiling the pan each time.
Recipe: Mini Scotch Pancakes (makes 12)
110g self raising flour
Pinch of salt
25g caster sugar
1 tsp oil
- Sift the flour, salt and sugar into a large bowl.
- In a cup or jug, whisk the egg and milk together and slowly whisk the liquid into the flour mix.
- Keep whisking the batter until it is a runny, smooth mixture and pour in the oil.
- Leave the mixture to rest for 5-10 minutes and in the meantime heat a little oil in a pan.
- When the pan is hot, use a tablespoon to add the batter to the pan. I made them small so I had 3 in the pan at once.
- Flip the pancakes over after about 3 minutes and continue cooking on the other side for a couple of minutes.
- Enjoy the pancakes warm alone or with any toppings of your choice.
Please follow my Instagram for more food