Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by my blog.
Fried dumplings are a great accompaniment to many dishes and go well with a variety of ingredients. These fried dumplings have a deep golden outer layer but are super soft. Although this is a popular Jamaican side dish I have added a few ingredients that give it that little extra flavour. Usually the dumplings are fried in a dutch pot which enables the oil to be heated to a high enough temperature for cooking the dumplings (or other food items) like an alternative to a deep fryer.
Recipe: Jamaican Fried Dumpling (makes 6)
160g self raising flour
Sprinkle of salt and basil
Oil for frying
- Heat some oil in a dutch pot.
- Add the flour, oats, salt, and basil to a bowl and slowly pour in the water mixing to form a smooth dough. Add more flour if needed.
- Shape the dough into 6 flat circles.
- Once the oil is hot add 3 at a time frying for 5 minutes before turning over to fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Once cooked, take out and place on a kitchen towel to drain off the excess oil.
- Best served hot/warm.
Please follow my Instagram for more food.