Hey everyone, I hope you’ve all had a great day.
If you’ve seen a lot of my posts you’ll know that I feature prawns quite often and I am always looking to improve on the sauce that goes with it. In today’s recipe I’ve used a little coconut cream which has quite a distinctive flavour but adds a beautiful creamy texture to the sauce. Also, recently I have been making meals for one which makes this a really quick dish to create even if you are short for time.
As you can see from the image I ate these prawns with fried dumpling and sweetcorn, which is a little inspiration however, I can imagine that rice and other vegetables would be just as good.
Recipe: Curry Prawns (serves 1)
Handful of prawns
Sprinkle of salt, paprika and chilli powder
1 garlic clove – crushed
1/2 tsp curry powder
Pinch of oregano
5g creamed coconut
1 tsp tomato ketchup
1 inch spring onion – sliced
Pinch of sugar
- Season the prawns with a little salt, paprika and chilli and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the garlic for a few minutes.
- Next add the curry powder and oregano.
- Stir in the water, creamed coconut and tomato ketchup and leave to simmer gently until the coconut has melted and the liquid has reduced slightly.
- Then add the sugar, spring onion and prawns for 3 minutes until the prawns are piping hot.
Please follow my Instagram for more food.