Hello everyone, I hope you’ve had a great day!
Today, I’m sharing a common favourite takeaway meal loved by so many people in the UK. The stir frying technique originates from Chinese, where meals are cooked in a wok using a little oil. I don’t order takeaway food so often but the last time I ate stir fry noodles from a takeaway, they were so greasy and I didn’t enjoy it that much. My version is so much more healthy and you can get the pleasure of making it yourself.
Here I am sharing a recipe that I have created from searching online and the flavours all go together so well and it tastes amazing, with the tanginess from the vinegar and sweetness from the sugar. I’ve also added some of my favourite vegetables like broccoli and carrot for that extra nutritious crunch. Also, I made this meal for myself, but if you are making it for more people you can easily double the ingredients or tailor it to your preferences.
Recipe: Stir Fry Noodles with Chicken (serves 1)
1 tbsp oil
4 small chicken fillets
Chunk of broccoli – cut into smaller florets
70g egg noodles
1 garlic clove – crushed
2 inch of spring onion – finely sliced
2 tbsp soy sauce
10ml white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp brown sugar
Sprinkle of chilli and salt
2 bunches of kale
1 inch carrot – cut into sticks
1 tsp tomato ketchup
- Set the oven to gas mark 6 and heat some oil in a pan.
- Fry the chicken in a little oil for a few minutes each side and place in the oven along with the broccoli for 15-20 minutes until fully cooked.
- In the meantime, cook the noodle according to the packet, drain and set aside.
- Then fry the garlic for 3 minutes, add the soy sauce, white wine vinegar, sugar, chilli and salt. Mix in the water leave to reduce for 5 minutes.
- Next add the noodles, kale, spring onion and carrots to the pan and stir together, making sure everything absorbs the flavours in the pan.
- Once the broccoli and chicken are cooked add them both to the pan and mix together and serve.
- Enjoy this delicious meal
Please follow my Instagram for more food.