Hey everyone, I hope you are all well and excited for this festive season.
Although it’s been a strange year, Christmas is something I always look forward to every year. I love the festive season, Christmas films, food, family, work celebrations and everything else. These muffins are not Christmas related but definitely seasonal. I had the idea of combining the 2 together and was so surprised to see many recipes online. The crumble is nice and crunchy and the cake is so soft and the apples add more sweetness.
Recipe: Apple Crumble Muffin (makes 7)
110g self raising flour
1/2 egg (save the rest in a container in the fridge)
80g caster sugar
1 apple grated, squeeze out the juice
35g plain flour
35g brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and place 7 muffin cases on a tray.
- Place the self raising flour, oil, milk, egg, caster sugar and apple into a bowl and mix well. Evenly spoon into the cases.
- Next use you fingers to rub in the flour, oats, sugar, butter and cinnamon. Add this crumble mix to the top of the muffin batter.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the crumble is golden. The actual cake will look quite pale but it should be cooked.
- Leave to cool completely before eating.
Please follow my Instagram for more food