Hello everyone, I hope you have had a great day, wherever you are in the world.
Today I am writing about the tastiest, most juiciest wraps I have eve eaten!! I used a Mexico taco season mix which had a mixture of amazing flavours. The cumin stands out the most for me, there is something about cumin that really compliments the taste of beef. The minced beef was cooked perfectly with a little spice and each bite was full of flavour.
When I’ve had a beef wrap in the past, there has been a tahini sauce which goes really well however, making it at home I only had tomato ketchup. Also, the coolness and crunch of the cucumbers really cut through the heat and spice from the beef. As for the Mexican seasoning, you can find these in most supermarkets in the spices isle. Even as I write this, I can remember how much I enjoyed eating these with all of the flavour from each bite and the fillings falling out. It can get quite messy but its so good!
Recipe: Mini Beef Wraps (serves 3-4)
1 tsp oil
500g minced beef
Mexican taco season mix
1/2 cucumber – cut into sticks
1 small carrot – cut into sticks
Handful of kale
1 Pack of mini wraps
- Heat the oil in a pan and once hot add the minced beef and cook for 5 minutes until slightly browned.
- Add the Mexican taco season mix to the pan and stir everything together.
- Pour in the water, stir one final time and cover the pan with a lid.
- Leave the minced beef to cook for 10-15 minutes on a gentle simmer until fully cooked.
- In the meantime prepare the cucumber, carrot, kale and sweetcorn. The wraps can also be warmed.
- Once the beef is cooked it is time to ensemble the wraps and enjoy.
I like to warm the wrap in the oven or toaster, add some minced beef and place the salad on top and drizzle with the sauce. Let me know if you try this.
Please follow my Instagram for more food