Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by my blog today!
I decided to make these bagels because I fancied something a little different for my breakfast, that would be tasty but still filling. It was quite a long process but the end result is totally worth it. The good thing about bagels is that they are so versatile and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Filling options include; avocado, cream cheese, eggs, salmon, butter, bananas and peanut butter and so much more.
Recipe: Homemade Bagels (makes 6)
4g dried yeast
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
230g bread flour
- Put the yeast and half of the sugar into a bowl and pour in 50ml of warm water. Leave for 7 minutes, until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Pour an extra 100ml of warm water into the same bowl and stir in the salt and flour slowly, stirring until it forms a soft dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes and once the dough is smooth, leave in a bowl covered with cling film in a warm place for an hour.
- Bring water to the boil and preheat the oven to gas mark 7. In the meantime divide the dough into 6 equal pieces and make into bagel shapes. Once boiling, cook the bagel in the water for 2 minutes on each side and place on a tray.
- Place the tray in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool and eat with your preferred fillings, or on its own.
Please follow my Instagram for more food.