Hello everyone and Happy New Year!! I hope this week has been treating you well so far. Last year was quite tough for many of us so I wish you all a wonderful 2021, onwards and upwards only 🙂
For anyone looking for a quick-ish breakfast recipe this is perfect for you. Only just a few ingredients that most people have in their kitchen cupboards and it requires minimal effort. I have used a nice, thick slice of bread to allow the egg to be soaked up and maple syrup which is commonly known as a natural sweetener and healthier than sugar. Although maple syrup contains some vitamins and minerals, it is very high in sugar and should be consumed in low quantities. Eggs are a great breakfast source because they contain lots of protein which helps to repair and maintain the body, as well as being a long lasting source of energy.
Recipe: French toast and maple syrup (serves 1)
1 slice of bread
Oil, for frying
- Heat oil in a frying pan on a low heat.
- Slice the bread in half and crack the egg into a bowl.
- Place the bread in the bowl and leave to soak up the egg for a couple of minutes, coating both sides.
- Once the oil is hot, place both pieces of eggy bread into the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on both sides.
- Once done, drizzle with a little maple syrup and serve.
Please check out my Instagram for more food!
*Nutritional information found through Google*