Hello everyone, I hope your week has been well.
I’m not sure if anybody reading this watches Sundai Love on YouTube but she is often cooking such tasty looking meals and I’m always inspired. A while back she cooked chicken and it looked delicious I had to try the recipe for myself. I did tweek the ingredients slightly but it’s close enough, very similar to a sweet and sour style chicken. I feel like this recipe is quite indulgent and something to be enjoyed every now and then because of the strong flavoured ingredients. The skinless chicken breast is a great source of protein, protein rich foods are known to make a person feel fuller which would reduce feelings of hunger after eating.
Recipe: Sweet Zesty chicken (serves 1)
1 portion of rice
1 chicken breast, diced
1 tbsp oil for frying
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp lemon juice
Pinch of flaked chilli
- First put the rice to cook according to the packets instructions. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5.
- Heat the oil in a pan and dice the chicken.
- Gently fry the chicken on each side for 1 minute.
- In the meantime mix the sugar, garlic, soy sauce, ketchup and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Once the chicken is done put each piece into the bowl and coat in the sauce.
- Pour away any excess oil if any.
- Return the chicken back to the pan and heat for 3 minutes before placing on a baking tray in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, serve along with the rice.
Check out my Instagram!
*nutritional information sourced through Google*