Hello everyone, I hope your day has been well.
I have previously mentioned about reducing sugar in the things I bake and these biscuits only contain maple syrup and raisins for sweetness. They are quite plain but this make me realise how much added sugar is in processed products. These biscuits are quite dry so they would be perfect for dipping into your tea!!
Recipe: Mini Oat raisin Biscuits (makes 12)
50g plain flour
1/2 baking powder
Pinch of cinnamon
1 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp milk or milk alternative
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Melt the butter, syrup and 3 tablespoons of milk together, pour into the bowl and mix together until a dough forms.
- The dough might be a little stiff so you could add a little more milk, otherwise roll out onto a lightly floured surface and use a cutter to cut out the biscuit shapes.
- Place on the baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes and leave to cool on a wire rack before eating.
Check out my Instagram for more food