Hello everyone, I hope you are all keeping well and safe.
Today’s recipe was one I had in mind to make shortly after we went into lockdown the first time back in March 2020. It was a while ago now but at the time everyone was making bread and I kept seeing yogurt and flour recipes everywhere. The thing I love about the ingredients is that you roughly need equal quantities of the flour and yogurt so its pretty simple. Another great thing is that this pitta bread recipe is unleavened, so it doesn’t require a raising agent which reduces the cooking time drastically.
Recipe: Homemade pitta bread (makes 16)
250g self raising flour
250g full-fat plain yogurt
Pinch of salt
Sprinkle of dried oregano and thyme
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 7 and lightly oil 2 oven trays.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix to form a dough.
- If the dough is sticky, add a little more flour.
- Knead for 5 minutes and roll out on a floured surface to 0.5cm thickness.
- Use a cutter to cut out the pitta breads and place on the prepared tray.
- Place in the oven and cook in the oven for 7-10 minutes.
- Best eaten warm.
Check out my Instagram for more food!