Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by my blog.
Today’s post is all about breakfast. I’ve made French toast using the most tasty tiger bread, thickly sliced with a seasoned crunchy crust. I love eating tiger bread for the flavour and it really makes the french toast. If ever you fancy something sweet for breakfast, this French toast will certainly hit the spot. It is served with a light sprinkling of sugar and a drizzle of syrup however, fresh berries would go down just as well.
This is not the most healthiest of breakfasts, its a little indulgent for most of us because of the icing sugar and maple syrup but the hope is that the protein from the eggs will keep us fuller for longer reducing the amount of unhealthy snacks consumed before the next meal.
Recipe: French Toast (serves 1)
2 slices of tiger bloomer
2 tbsp oil for frying
Sprinkle of icing sugar
Drizzle of maple syrup
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Slice the bread in half and whisk the eggs together,
- Place a slice of bread into the whisked egg one at a time and once the oil is hot put them into the frying pan.
- Fry on a low to medium for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the edges.
- Place the bread on a plate, sieve over a little icing sugar and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Serve and eat whilst hot.
Check out my Instagram for more food!!