Hello everyone, I hope you’ve had a great day.
Today’s post is a healthy one and a great snack when feeling peckish. I got the recipe from here a website dedicated to showing the nutrition of chia seeds with a range of recipes, the only difference is that I didn’t include the lemon curd. I found this recipe because I was trying to find something I could bake using chia seeds as I’d recently brought a packet with the intention of making chia pudding but the texture and taste wasn’t for me, a cake was my next option. Chia seeds are a great superfood known for being a rich source of fibre, omega-3 fatty acids and protein which is great if you are vegan/vegetarian because they are a great nutritious plant source. Overall, I really liked this cake because it wasn’t too sweet and I was able to appreciate the refreshing flavour of the lemon zest.
Recipe: Lemon and chia seed loaf (makes 1 loaf tin)
60g caster sugar
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 lemon, zested
75ml milk (or milk alternative)
15g chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 and line a loaf tine with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and butter together and beat in the egg.
- Next sift the flour, baking powder and zest into the bowl and combine.
- Add the milk and chia seeds, give it a final mix and pour into the loaf tin.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before eating.
Check out my Instagram!