Hello everyone, I hope your day has been well.
For this recipe I have opted for a skinless chicken breast which contains less fat and is a great source of protein. Parmesan is generally high in calories so it important to eat it within moderation. As the recipe is baked rather than fried it is automatically healthier because there are no additional calories from the oil. When I ate this Parmesan chicken, it was alongside some salad, rice and broccoli but it is most commonly eaten with spaghetti and a rich tomato sauce. Parmesan can be quite rich to the pallet if you are not used to it, therefore I think it makes a great side dish.
Recipe: Parmesan Chicken (serves 3-4)
50g parmesan, finely grated
25g fine cornmeal
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp crushed chilli
400g skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
1 lemon, cut into wedges for serving
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 and lightly oil an oven tray.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the Parmesan, polenta, thyme, paprika and chilli. Even spread this mix onto a tray.
- Place the chicken pieces into the egg until fully coated to allow the Parmesan crumb to stick.
- Then one at a time add the chicken pieces to the tray and cover in the Parmesan crumb mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the crumb is slight crispy, golden and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Check out my Instagram for more food!
*Nutritional Information found through Google*