Hello everyone, I hope your day has been well.
This recipe is fairly quick and simple, it does require a bit of veg preparation which probably takes the most time. It’s also somewhat healthy and great for a satiate, nutritious lunch. Vegetable stir-fry’s are a great way to get your 5 a day, especially when you use a range of different, colourful vegetables. I’ve posted a couple of stir fry recipes before but I think this is my favourite so far, the taste is amazing and I think I’ve got the combination of ingredients just right.
Stir-frying is a great, quick cooking method, perfect for any night of the week and if you love a takeaway stir fry, this would be a nice, healthy alternative. Another bonus is you can customise this recipe with whatever vegetables you have in your fridge. I’ve used 2 types of cabbage which are both fairly inexpensive and high sources of vitamin C and K, aiding in healthy cells and helping the body to heal.
Recipe: Veggie noodles stir-fry (serves 2)
Handful of broccoli
1 heaped tbsp of sweetcorn
1 heaped tbsp of peas
1 tsp, oil for frying
1/2 carrot, finely sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
30g red cabbage, finely sliced
1 leaf savoy cabbage, finely sliced
Egg noodles, 1 portion
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp chilli flakes
1/3 tsp ginger powder
Pinch of salt
Sprinkle of nuts, crushed
- Firstly, prepare all of the ingredients and set aside.
- Bring a small pan of water to boil and add the broccoli, sweetcorn and peas for 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring a pot of water to boil for the noodles and cook according to the packet.
- Drain the water from the vegetables and noodles once cooked.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a frying pan on a medium heat, once hot add the garlic, cabbages and carrot. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- In the meantime mix the sugar, oil, soy sauce, chilli, ginger, salt and water together in a bowl and add to the pan, stirring well.
- Add the noodles to the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes until most of the liquid is dissolved.
- Portion the stir fry into 2 bowl and sprinkle with crushed nuts before serving.
Check out my Instagram for more food!!